Birzeit University’s Advancement Department is committed to ethical collection and use of information, and to preserving the security and confidentiality of the university’s institutional data. The department’s policy applies to all members of the university community- faculty, staff, students, and alumni, in addition to donors, prospective donors, friends, volunteers, and parents.
This policy sets the duties and obligations of all our employees within the university Advancement to protect the privacy of our donors, friends, and university.
- Information about donors and donations are scrupulously protected so that the relationship of trust between the donors and the university is upheld. Donor public records are not considered public information. Names will otherwise be printed in our Annual Report.
- Institutional database will not be disclosed, exchanged, rented, or sold to third parties.
- Personal information provided when donations are made or when participants register for an event will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third parties.
- Personal information provided will be stored on a secure, internal servers accessible only by individuals with legitimate work reasons.
- When making a donation online, a secure connection is established, and your information is encrypted. The secure connection is maintained until the credit card transactions is processed.
- If you provide us with your postal or email addresses, you may receive periodic e-mails from us regarding our programs or upcoming events.
- If you have supplied your telephone number, you may receive telephone contact from us regarding your donation or responding to requests you may have made.