Birzeit University's Unrestricted giving is an essential resource that helps the University to respond to the urging priorities and maintain its status as the most-competitive and most-reputable Palestinian institution of higher education. Our unrestricted giving improves students’ lives, by providing them with well-equipped facilities and an enriching campus experience that meets their aspirations.
Gifts to the unrestricted fund fuel campus life, helping Birzeit to recruit and retain outstanding students and top faculty staff, while working vigorously to meet students’ needs. Our unrestricted fund has an impact on nearly every aspect of a student’s higher-education experience at Birzeit. Gifts made by our dedicated community of friends, faculty, staff, students, parents and alumni support daily operations at the University and enrich our legacy of philanthropic support, helping Birzeit meet the challenges of providing higher-education services under conditions of occupation and economic recession.
Thanks to the support of our generous donors, we are able to fund basic requisites that make an education at Birzeit University unique and satisfying, providing us with resources to fund societies, activities, capital maintenance projects and technological advancement that positively impact and enrich the student experience at Birzeit.
Areas of Support
The unrestricted giving enables the university to channel funding to a range of capital development projects, technological initiatives and extra-curricular activities and facilities. Donors can identify a preferred area of support in-line with the University’s priorities:
- Campus Beautification: Contribute to the planting of trees on campus and protecting the environment.
- Community Outreach: Assist Birzeit in putting something back in our community by funding grassroots activities.
- Museum and Gallery: Help us expand our Palestinian art and culture collections and outreach programs.
- Student Life and Extra-Curricular Activities: Enhance the student experience by contributing to student societies and non-academic activities, as well as, students’ exchange.
- University Library: Support the library in expanding its 150,000-volume, multi-language resource collection.