Scholarships allow our students to dedicate themselves fully to studying for a degree and enjoying the university experience without needing to work in part-time, menial jobs to pay their way through university. By taking the financial pressure off students and their families, Birzeit University enables them to get maximum value out of their higher-education experience.
The more that exceptional students are attracted to Birzeit University; the better the potential for learning and research; the greater the success of our graduates and the greater the benefit to our community. Scholarships allow our students to receive an education that qualifies them for a professional career, helping them to fulfill themselves as individuals and assisting them in lifting their families and communities out of poverty.
Birzeit University needs more support from our donor community to fund scholarships to assist an ever-increasing cadre of needy students. In 2014-5, 2,448 students received scholarships directly from the University; while a further 1,433 students received externally-funded scholarships. The Ministry of Education provided loans to a further 2,718 students at Birzeit.
There are several scholarship options:
- Students in need, including refugees
- Students achieving academic excellence (academic average of 85% or above)
- Thematic scholarships in priority subject areas
- Students demonstrating excellence in leadership and community service
- Students with special needs
How to Give
- Donations of any size are accepted for scholarships' support.
- Full cost coverage for one student for one academic year is US$ 4,000.
- To make a donation, please click here.