Skip to main content

FAQs

Why does BZU need my gift?

Birzeit University’s Advancement Office seeks to raise funds to support the university by realizing its academic mission in meeting the needs of the Palestinian society and complying with modern standards in teaching and learning

With your continuous support, the generosity of our donors, alumni and friends, we will be able to provide quality education to all our students, regardless of their financial status, while providing an autonomous and enlightened university environment.

Does the size of my donation matter?

Every donation matters, and makes a meaningful difference to our students. Your gift of any size helps ensure the university’s excellence now and in the future. You are encouraged to explore our support opportunities, and make a gift of any size.

What is a gift to BZU?

A gift is a generic term that includes outright gifts, deferred gifts and pledges. Gifts can include donations of cash, securities, donation by will, tangible assets and properties, endowment.

The university derives support from its alumni, friends, institutions, corporates, and supporters to continue in providing an attractive and excellent learning environment.

What is an endowment?

An endowment is an aggregation of assets invested by donors and supports to the support the university’s mission.  It imposes the restriction that the principal remains intact; only income and growth from the principal can be used to support the stated purpose of the fund.

Birzeit University’s endowments was created to securitize a long-term financial sustainability as a higher-education institution in Palestine. Through the endowment, the university will be able to channel funding to classroom enhancements; establish named and endowed chairs and provide scholarships to students to pursue their ambitions and receive an education that qualifies them for a professional career.

Endowment-generated investment income is allocated to fund the different purposes based on a spending policy that preserves the endowment asset value. 80% of the total investment income supports the university’s commitment to meeting the expenses of the stated purpose of the fund, whereas the remaining 20% is reinvested. These endowments ensure that Birzeit University has the required resources, now and in the future.

For further information, you can our giving website.

Are there any benefits associated with my gift? OR:  How will I be recognized for my gift?

We know that name recognition is not the only reason for giving, but it is one way of saying thank you for the generosity of the donor. Names of supporters are annually presented in the honor list of donors published at the university’s website and annual giving report. Moreover, donors and friends will get the chance to stay connected with the university, through knowing its latest news, events, reunions and volunteering opportunities.

I would like to donate, how could I do that?

Thank you for your interest in supporting Birzeit University. Our giving website offers a variety of ways for you to make a gift to BZU.

Our Give Today button directs you to the registration and donation form.

Can I make a gift to BZU from abroad?

Yes, BZU welcomes gifts from international alumni and friends. Methods and tax benefits vary from country to country. See the Give Today form.

How can I submit my gift by email?

You can send a direct email to the advancement office Advancement@birzeit.edu.

Please include the gift’s details, including its amount and type.

How do I specify my gift in honor of, or as a memorial for someone?

Once you click on our Give Today button, you can specify the type of donation and add further notes regarding your gift. For further information, you can contact our office at Advancement@birzeit.edu

I want to make a large gift to BZU and want to speak to someone, who may I speak with about my prospect gift?

You may direct questions directly to Advancement@birzeit.edu.

How can I update my personal information at the university’s database?

If you are an alumna, you can directly send an email to alumni@birzeit.edu

If you are a friend, you can send an email to Advancement@birzeit.edu

Can I receive reports/data about my donation?

Yes, our Advancement Office provides an acknowledgement letter and annual reports to the donors.

For further information, you can contact our office at Advancement@birzeit.edu